At the Nike 3ON3 Tournament a couple weeks ago, I had the privilege of meeting Coach Bruny and four aspiring young basketball individuals: Dason Kyles, Anthony Arellano, Terrell Powell and Sean Patnugot.
Before the games began on Sunday morning, Coach Bruny stopped by our Lakers Nation booth and talked to me about his team having an opportunity to win a championship and how they were huge Lakers fans. Well, that was all I needed to hear and Lakers Nation sponsored his team with our Kobe Crest shirts.
A couple of hours later, while we were talking to fans, the entire team rushed to our booth to let us know that they won the championship. Simply put, it was a great feeling to be a part of it.
After winning the championship, Coach Bruny mentioned a celebrity benefits basketball game called “Ball 4 A Cause” that will take place August 30 in the Inland Empire. It is a great cause that addresses social issues among the youth by providing opportunities through music, art, fitness and cultural experiences.
Like most fans, basketball has been a huge part of my life since a very young age. From playing and coaching youth basketball, I’m very passionate about this cause and if you’re in the area this Saturday, stop by the celebrity game and support our youth.
Here is more information about the “Ball 4 A Cause” Benefits Basketball Game:
Music Changing Lives & Hip Hop Artist Against Drugs Present Ball 4 A Cause
A celebrity benefits basketball game to address social issues amongst our youth including prevention and intervention against drugs, gangs, teen violence, and dropping out of school by providing opportunities through music, art, fitness and cultural experiences.
- Celebrity Guests: Doug Christie, Retired NBA Laker Player & Jackie Christie, Star of Basketball Wives LA, Joe Moses, Young California Dj’s, Q1047 Dj’s, Latricia Renee Price, King Tee.
- Event Date: Saturday, August 30, 2014
- Event Time: 3pm-5:30pm
- Event Location: Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave. Redlands, CA 92374
- Event Contact: Josiah Bruny, Jbruny@MusicChangingLives.org
- Competition: 104.7 vs. TBD
- Promotion: Radio, Newspaper, Social Media Platforms, Celebrity Spokespersons, Print Distribution,
- Expected Attendance: 500 attendees
- Entrance Fee: $5.00 per person, children 5 and under FREE
- Fundraising Goal: $7,500 – All proceeds benefit MCL & HHAAD to keep music and art alive in our community.
Our missionis to offer the highest quality of music and art enrichment programs to underprivileged and at-risk youth between the ages of 8-18 years old, helping them improve their chances of achieving a positive and successful future. Our programs are designed to reduce the local communities’ dropout rate by assisting youth in connecting with their own passion and purpose in life.
Our mission is two-fold – Prevention and Intervention. We believe future adult problems can be avoided if time and caring are invested in our children today. Our mission towards prevention starts with investing in today’s youth – to let them experience positive growth-promoting environments; to encourage them to set goals; and to launch them on a path of successful goal attainment.[divide]
VIDEO: Nike 3 On 3 Slam Dunk Contest