5. Oklahoma City Thunder are 9-4 and have passed several tests in the last week after beating Utah and Boston on the road. The team is averaging 102 points per game, 17 assist per game, and 40 rebounds per game. OKC is averaging a field goal percentage of .451 but are struggling from the three with a average of .285. MVP candidate, Kevin Durant is averaging 28 points a game as he is leading the team in scoring and Russell Westbrook is averaging 23 points and 8 assist per game.
4. Orlando Magic are 9-3 and have won the last three games with a blowout home win against the Phoenix Suns. The team is averaging 98 points per game, 19 assists per game and 44 rebounds per game. Orlando is averaging .459 from the field and .352 from the three. Dwight Howard is averaging 21 points and 11 rebounds, Vince Carter is adding 15 points per game and Jameer Nelson is contributing with 15 points per game.
3. New Orleans Hornets are 10-1 and have surprised many people including myself. I am not sold on them being the elite team they were three years ago, but they are playing great basketball thus far. The team is averaging 99 points per game, 22 assist per game and 40 rebounds per game. The Hornets are averaging .473 from the field, .389 from the three and .773 from the free throw line. Chris Paul is leading the team with his 18 points per game and 10 assist per game, and David West is adding 18 point per game.
2. Boston Celtics are 9-4 and recently lost a tough game at home against the Thunder, but that does not stop them from being my second best team. The Celtics are averaging 100 points, 26 assists and 39 rebounds a game. They’re shooting .505 from the field and .413 from three. The big four are carrying Boston as Rajon Rondo is averaging 14 assist per game, Paul Pierce is averaging 21 points per game, Ray Allan is averaging 17 points per game and Kevin Garnett is averaging 16 points per game.
1. San Antonio Spurs are 10-1 and have won 10 straight games. They defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder, Chicago Bulls and Utah Jazz in their last three games. The team is led by Tim Duncan’s season averages 14 points and 10 rebounds. Tony Parker is averaging 19 points and eight assist and Manu Ginobili Is averaging 21 points. The team looked to be old and out of contention but the Spurs have stated the season strong as the team is averaging 108 points, 43 rebounds and 24 assist a game. The team is also shooting .468% from the field and .442 from the three.