Did you miss the tweets of the week? Not to worry Lakers Nation has some great playoff statistics and player tweets. Plus, Phil Jackson talks about the similarities and differences between Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
Let’s get to the tweets!
1. Even though the Oklahoma City Thunder did not advance to the Western Conference Finals, Kevin Durant still managed to make history.
Kevin Durant has scored more than 20 points in 37 straight playoff games, the 4th-longest streak in NBA history.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) May 16, 2013
2. Congrats to the Memphis Grizzlies for also making history in the playoffs.
Memphis Grizzlies advance to the next round for the first time in franchise history
— Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) May 16, 2013
3. The Spurs never fail to impress the NBA and their fans. Congrats!
The @spurs have won 94 playoff gms w/ Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili (2nd most by any trio in NBA history). Move over Alvin, Simon, & Theodore.
— ESPN (@espn) May 17, 2013
4. Kobe responds to Phil Jackson’s MJ comparison in his new book “Eleven Rings: The Soul Of Success.”
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) May 17, 2013
5. What ever you say, Zen Master.
Listen friends of bball; don’t get hung up on words. I was most fortunate to have the chance to coach two of the greatest gds. EVER MJ/Kobe
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) May 17, 2013
6. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
— Jeanie Buss (@JeanieBuss) May 17, 2013
7. Does this also sound like something Kobe would do?
“MJ’s competitiveness didn’t end on the court. He wanted to race you to the car, beat you home, and wake up earlier than you”-Phil Jackson
— Hayden Hunt (@Mikey_J13) May 18, 2013
8. Kobe talks about relationship with Phil Jackson
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) May 16, 2013
9. Phil Jackson shows off his bling.
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) May 14, 2013
10. Kobe has some interesting swimming habits.
Um. Kobe apparently went swimming. In the ocean. With sharks. Yes, sharks. bit.ly/10TJ4xR
— Daniel Buerge (@danielbuerge_LA) May 16, 2013