10. Utah Jazz (20): The Jazz made a huge jump in the power rankings this week, holding it down at the 10 spot. They have proven they have great depth on the roster as well as a talented young ball club. They are 6-1 at home with the one loss they let slip away being to the Lakers.
9. San Antonio (10): The Spurs have improved their record to 8-4 after winning their past two games. They are undefeated on their home court but have yet to find a way to win on the road. This could be a problem down the stretch.
8. Dallas Mavericks (12): The Mavs seem to have figured it out, winning their last five games, making them 8-5 on the season. Their intensity has improved tremendously on the court and they seem to have found that championship mentality.
7. Los Angeles Clippers (11): Coming off a huge win against the Lakers at the Staples Center, the Clippers have shown the world they are the real deal. However, Chris Paul did suffer a slight hamstring injury, which may slow this highly energetic team down.
6. Los Angeles Lakers (13): The Lakers are coming off a 4-1 week with Kobe scoring 40-plus points in four consecutive games. I know we are all excited about this offensive explosiveness but how much longer will Kobe be able to carry the Lakers at this pace? Andrew Bynum is still shaky offensively and defensively and Pau Gasol continues to play like he is 6’5″.
Next Page: Week 3 Power Rankings: 5-1