5. Orlando Magic: The Orlando Magic are a better team than what their record depicts. They have a strong inside presence in Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson, accompanied with some great perimeter players.
4. Portland Trail Blazers: Led by an emerging star in LaMarcus Aldridge, the Portland Trail Blazers have been very impressive early in the season. They are undefeated on their home court and are 1-2 on the road. Experience on this roster may be a factor later in the season.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder: This young squad has very impressive records playing at home and away. The youth of this team will definitely come out as an advantage as the season wears on. Although Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook have been reportedly not getting along and arguing during games, both have the same goal. Win.
2. Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose. Need I say more? The Chicago Bulls currently have a record of 7-2 with only two of those wins at home. Look for last years MVP to lead this talented group of solid role players to a strong finish in the league.
1. Miami Heat: With a league-best record of eight wins and only 1 loss the Miami Heat deserve the top spot in the NBA. What is even more impressive is that they are 5-0 when playing on the road. If LeBron and Wade can stay healthy for the majority of the season, look for the Miami Heat to stay at the top of the league rankings the majority of the season.