20. Houston Rockets (16): One week, the Rockets are in possession of the No. 8 seed in the West. The next, they’ve lost seven of their last eight and are officially out of the playoff picture. Talk about stumbling at the finish line.
19. New Orleans Hornets (20): A new owner, a new name and a new logo. Despite coming in last place in the West, I have a feeling that this franchise is heading in a new (and better) direction.
18. Orlando Magic (17): The season-ending surgery that Dwight Howard will undergo will also end any hopes that the Magic had of making a legitimate playoff run.
17. Milwaukee Bucks (13): The Bucks’ slim playoff hopes are on life support and they’ll need three straight losses from the 76ers. Oh and three straight wins of their own, including one against Philly.
16. Phoenix Suns (11): The Suns are in the playoffs. The Suns aren’t in the playoffs. They’re in. They’re out. The cycle will end, however, when they take on the Jazz on Tuesday to decide their fate.
Next Page: NBA Power Rankings: 15-11