5. Boston Celtics (4): You would think that a 1-2 week for the Celtics would drop them down the rankings. However, you can only expect so much when their starting lineup doesn’t include any of their noteworthy names. They’ll be ready for the postseason.
4. Memphis Grizzlies (12): Forgive me for thinking that they were on the decline last week. Although their four-game winning streak involved wins against sub-par teams, they’re playing with passion and are pushing for the No. 4 seed in the West.
3. Indiana Pacers (7): Arguably one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now, the Pacers have been burning through their final few opponents and are primed for a legitimate championship run. They left it to Danny Granger and it paid off.
2. Chicago Bulls (1): The best record in the league and the Bulls continue to roll as the season nears its end. Imagining this team with a healthy Derrick Rose in the lineup losing a seven-game series is hard at this point.
1. San Antonio Spurs (5): Since the Spurs first lost to the Lakers two weeks ago, they’ve won seven straight, including two blowouts against the purple and gold. They’re on fire heading into the playoffs and will most likely be the West’s No. 1 seed.