5. Boston Celtics (8): Big wins against the Heat, Pacers and 76ers have the Celtics riding a huge wave of momentum. Unfortunately, losses against top contenders like the Spurs and Bulls leave room for doubt.
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (1): In one week, the Thunder dropped three games and lost the grasp that they had on the Western Conference crown. Don’t think for a second, though, that they won’t be ready for the playoffs.
3. Miami Heat (3): As expected, the Heat are playing well down the stretch but are struggling against playoff-caliber teams. An impressive win against the Thunder keeps them near the top of the rankings, though.
2. Chicago Bulls (2): Even after a tough overtime loss to the Knicks, the Bulls still have a two-game lead in the East and should have a healthy Derrick Rose back by the time the postseason tips off.
1. San Antonio Spurs (4): The Spurs are riding an 11-game winning streak and have put themselves in position to end the season atop the Western Conference. Oklahoma City who?