20. Cleveland Cavaliers (18-38, Last Week: 25): The Cavs have gone 5-5 in their last ten games, and went 2-1 last week, with their only loss coming in a close game against the Miami Heat. The Cavs have improved their level of play as of late.
19. Washington Wizards (17-37, Last Week: 20): Despite the horrible record, the Wizards have actually played quite well since John Wall’s return; having won six of their last eight games.
18. Dallas Mavericks (25-30, Last Week: 18): Mavs went 2-1 last week, losing to Kobe Bryant and the Lakers most recently on Sunday.
17. Toronto Raptors (23-33, Last Week: 17): The Raps have won seven of their last eight games. Additionally Rudy Gay had 32 points for his new team in a 100-98 victory over the New York Knicks.
16. Boston Celtics (29-27, Last Week: 9): It feels good to drop the Celtics this week. After winning seven straight games, Boston has leveled off a bit. Not to mention that the Lakers gave them some payback for an earlier loss, last week.
15. New York Knicks (33-20, Last Week: 6): The Knicks have lost four of five games recently, and simply haven’t looked like the team that started out hot this season. Maybe the drop is a bit much, but the Knicks look vulnerable right now.
14. Chicago Bulls (32-24, Last Week: 10): The Bulls have went 2-2 since the All Star break. However, huge losses against the Miami Heat (86-67) and Oklahoma City Thunder (102-72) prove that Chicago needs Derrick Rose in a big way to even compete with the juggernauts of the league.
13. Golden State Warriors (33-23, Last Week: 16): The Warriors lost six game in a row, but have followed that up by winning three straight games; one including an overtime victory over the league-best San Antonio Spurs.
12. Brooklyn Nets (33-24, Last Week: 11): Two losses at home drop the Nets here.
11. Utah Jazz (31-25, Last Week: 14): The Jazz have only played two games since the All Star break, and split the two by going 1-1 against the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers, respectively.
Next Page: Heat Claim Top Spot