20. Cleveland Cavaliers (21-42, Last Week: 19): The Cavs went 1-3 last week, and have lost some steam recently.
19. Portland Trail Blazers (29-33, Last Week: 24): The Blazers went 2-2 last week, but are still feeling the effects of a recent seven-game losing streak, rankings-wise.
18. Utah Jazz (32-31, Last Week: 12): Losers of four in a row and seven of their last eight games, the Jazz practically opened the door for the Lakers to walk into the playoffs. Thanks, Utah!
17. Dallas Mavericks (29-33, Last Week: 18): The Mavs went 3-0 last week and have won four of their last five.
16. Golden State Warriors (35-29, Last Week: 17): The Warriors have lost six of their last eight games, so they remain in the lower half of the rankings this week. However, they deserve to be above the Dallas Mavericks because if the season ended right now, they’d still be in the playoffs; therefore, they’re at number 16 which would place them with the least power amongst any playoff-bound team.
15. Atlanta Hawks (34-28, Last Week: 11): The Hawks have lost four of their last five games after winning four games in a row.
14. Chicago Bulls (35-28, Last Week: 14): The Bulls have lost three of their last four games, with all losses coming on the road. Additionally, Derrick Rose is not yet ready to return. They stand pat here only because of some other teams’ poor play.
13. Boston Celtics (34-28, Last Week: 13): The Celtics had won five games in a row before falling to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday.
12. Houston Rockets (34-30, Last Week: 9): The Rockets went 1-2 last week, and are losing ground in the playoff chase.
11. Milwaukee Bucks (32-29, Last Week: 16): The Bucks have won six of their last seven games with exceptional play from Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings.