10 Houston Rockets (39-31): The Rockets have won three games in a row, including a one-point victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday.
9. New York Knicks (42-26): Following a four-game losing streak, the Knicks have bounced back with a four-game winning streak.
8. Indiana Pacers (43-27): The Pacers went 3-1 last week. While holding their opponents to an average of just 89.5 points per game, the Pacers’ calling card is their defense this season.
7. Brooklyn Nets (41-29): The Nets have won seven of their last ten games, and appear as though they are capable of making some noise in the playoffs.
6. Los Angeles Clippers (48-22): The Clippers shook off a 116-101 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday by winning their following two games.
5. Oklahoma City Thunder (52-19): Despite winning five of their last seven games, the Thunder have lost virtually all the marquee matchups over the last few weeks; losing against conference rivals such as San Antonio, Denver, and Memphis. Add in the losses against the Miami Heat earlier this season, and it isn’t far-fetched to question the Thunder’s ability to contend for a championship this season. Then again, the regular season isn’t always an indicator of how far a team will go.
4. Memphis Grizzlies (47-22): The Grizzlies went 3-1 last week, including a one-point overtime victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
3. San Antonio Spurs (53-17): The Spurs had won four in a row before losing to the Rockets on Sunday. Tony Parker returned one game prior, which is great news for San Antonio.
2. Denver Nuggets (49-22): Winners of 15 straight, the wins haven’t come against easy opponents as the Nuggets have defeated the likes of the Oklahoma City Thunder (twice), Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, and the New York Knicks. The Nuggets are virtually unbeatable at home (with just three losses), and could very well make some noise in the playoffs.
1. Miami Heat (55-14): The Miami Heat have won 26 games in a row and are within reach of surpassing the Lakers’ all-time 33-game winning streak.