20. Portland Trailblazers (33-40, Last Week: 17): The Blazers have lost four games in a row.
19. Washington Wizards (27-46, Last Week: 18): The Wizards went 2-2 last week.
18. Philadelphia 76ers (30-43, Last Week: 19): The Sixers have won three games in a row; going 3-1 last week.
17. Los Angeles Lakers (38-36, Last Week: 12): The Lakers have lost four of their last six games. Because of this, they have placed themselves in jeopardy of making the playoffs, and are currently in ninth spot. Additionally, while currently being on the “outside looking in,” I can not justifiably place them any higher in these Power Rankings. They did, however, put together a solid effort on Saturday night against the Sacramento Kings in a 103-98 victory.
16. Boston Celtics (38-35, Last Week: 16): The Celtics have lost six of their last eight games.
15. Dallas Mavericks (36-37, Last Week: 15): The Mavs have won four of their last five games, and look poised to give the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers a run for their money with regards to the eighth playoff slot.
14. Atlanta Hawks (41-33, Last Week: 13): The Hawks went 2-2 last week, with their two losses coming at the hands of division rivals in the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics.
13. Chicago Bulls (40-32, Last Week: 14): The Bulls have won four of their last five games, and even snapped the Miami Heat’s incredible winning streak on Wednesday.
12. Utah Jazz (38-36, Last Week: 21): The biggest jump this week belongs to the Utah Jazz, who shook off a four-game losing streak only to go on a four-game winning streak; essentially reclaiming the eighth playoff spot in the West and making things extremely difficult for the Lakers.
11. Houston Rockets (40-33, Last Week: 10): The Rockets went 1-2 last week, but managed to defeat the Clippers on Saturday in a 98-81 victory.
Next Page: Knicks Rally, Heat Dominate