30. Minnesota Timberwolves (Last week’s ranking: 27): After Kevin Love went down and out in yesterday’s game against Sacramento, the Timberwolves got a flash of what post-Love life will be like when he finally is able to take advantage of his free agent status and get the hell outta there.
29. Cleveland Cavaliers (29): 34 of the Cavs’ games have been decided by 10 points or more. Can you guess how many of those times have been wins for Cleveland? Yup, you got it – zero – they are 0-34 in such contests; and since their entire season has yet to provide them with any favorable scheduling – you best believe they will add to that total before their summer begins.
28. Sacramento Kings (30): Right now, the Kings are experiencing “young growing pains.” It’s going to hurt and their maturity levels are going to be tested. But, if Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins can get their acts together, the Kings have a strong enough foundation to become a very good team, very soon.
27. Washington Wizards (28): The Wizards just need to finish out the season, get John Wall and the rest of his motley crew some experience and hope they get a high pick in the draft. They are still a season or two away from being relevant, but with Wall at the helm, that era is not too far in the distance.
26. Toronto Raptors (26): As much as the Raptors might miss Chris Bosh, his absence has opened up the door for guys like Andrea Bargnani and Ed Davis to really grow and start making an impact on this young, rebuilding franchise.