30. Sacramento Kings (Last week’s ranking: 28): The Kings are losers of six consecutive games and are looking forward to seeing the season come to a merciful end. After a double digit loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Saturday night the Kings find themselves at the bottom of the Western Conference.
29. Cleveland Cavaliers (29): After four straight losses the Cavaliers have pretty much locked up their place in the cellar of the Eastern Conference. They will be one of the few teams to go from finishing first place in the conference in two consecutive seasons only to finish last the third season.
28. Washington Wizards (27): The Wizards are also on a losing streak, and have lost their last three games and nine out of their previous ten. It looks like the Wizards will have the chance to win the lottery again this season.
27. Minnesota Timberwolves (30): Minnesota is 4-6 in their last ten games but has pulled ahead of Sacramento in the standings. However, the only positive thing Minnesota had going for them (Kevin Love’s double-double streak) ended on Sunday night against the Golden State Warriors.
26. Toronto Raptors (26): Is it any coincidence that two of the bottom five teams are teams that had their best player bail for Miami this season? Probably not. The Raptors are struggling without Bosh, and are looking forward to another shot at the draft lottery in June.
Next: 25 – 21