30. Cleveland Cavaliers (Last week’s ranking: 30): They have not won a game since December 18th (a 109-102 OT win over New York) and over that 20-game losing streak, 13 of them have come by 10 points or more. Are we seeing the worst team in NBA history? The effort and drive is there, but the talent and ability is nowhere to be found.
29. Toronto Raptors (27): The European tandem of José Calderon and Andrea Bargnani are really starting to click; but with not much depth inside and hardly any defense in sight, the Raptors continue to lose. They aren’t quite as bad as the Cavs’ 20, but 11 straight Ls isn’t too far behind.
28. Minnesota Timberwolves (28): Even with Kevin Love’s average of 15.6 rebounds per game, it’s hard to believe that a team with an 11-36 record is pulling down a league-high 45.1 boards per game.
27. Washington Wizards (25): Which streak will be broken first: Cleveland’s 20-game losing streak or Washington’s 23-game losing streak on the road? Well if both teams continue their respective streaks until Feb. 13, one of them will have a chance to be a streak buster as the two teams face off in Cleveland that day. Now that’s a game worthy of national television.
26. New Jersey Nets (26): I really think that nixing the Carmelo trade really killed this team’s drive. Not just the player’s who were going to get to stay and play with Melo, but also the ones who were going to finally get out of New Jersey.