30. Cleveland Cavaliers (Last week’s ranking: 30): It’s now 24 losses and counting for the Cavs, who officially became the owners of the worst streak in NBA history with a loss at home to Portland on Saturday. It’s only a matter of time before they pick up win number nine, but then again – it’s only a matter of time before they embark on yet another depressing string of losses.
29. Washington Wizards (27): Most people probably don’t realize that the Wizards are currently riding an eight-game losing streak. Why is that? Because they are more focused on their other less-than-successful string of losses on the road – 25 consecutive to be exact. John Wall and Co. are undoubtedly down right now, but the Wiz have to be happy knowing that their chances of getting a high draft pick to place next to Wall as they look to build for the future.
28. Sacramento Kings (25): Back-to-back wins over the Lakers and Hornets last week was impressive, but this week wasn’t any easier, as they were faced with Boston and San Antonio – both losses. Who do they have next week? Utah, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Phoenix. Looks like it’s going to be another grueling week for the young and erratic kids up in Sac-town.
27. Minnesota Timberwolves (28): In honor of K-Love’s all-star “selection,” we’ll let the T-Pups out of the cellar for this week. Unfortunately for them, they might have the chance to send a player named “Kevin” to the all-star game for much longer if they continue to reside among the NBA’s bottom-dwellers.
26. Toronto Raptors (29): They broke a 13-game losing streak with an 11-point win over Minnesota on Friday; however, what was even more inspiring for the Raptors was Andrea Bargnani’s 30 points and Jose Calderon’s 19 assists in the victory. The talent is there, but the Raptors either need Bargnani to evolve into Dirk Nowitzki overnight or trade for a true superstar if they ever want to separate themselves from the league’s worst.