- First off, condolences to the family and loved ones of Robert “Tractor” Traylor, who was found dead on the floor of his apartment in Puerto Rico at the age of 34. Far too young. Rest in Peace.
- For the Wizards, meet the new uniforms, same as the old uniforms.
- After the Lakers got swept Jerry West had some harsh words for his old team on the Dan Patrick Show.
- Great article by Arash Markazi on Brian Shaw. If you’re a Lakers fan wondering about the character and history of your potential next head coach, this is a must read.
- If Dwight Howard is trying to quell any controversy about his potential departure from Orlando, he’s not doing himself any favors on twitter.
- Shaq is doubtful for Game 5 against the Heat. Does that mean he’s not playing or its doubtful he’ll make any contribution even if he suits up.
- Speaking of Shaq, LSU is trying to get a statue of him erected outside the their new practice facility.The Big Fella? Not so keen apparently.
Finally, let me preface this week’s Failbag by saying that I understand the rationale beyond wanting to commit a hard foul to send a message. But when you’re already down by 40 and the guy you choose to go after is the smallest dude on court (or in the arena for that matter), its pretty hard to justify it after the fact. During his exit interview Andrew Bynum did muster a seemingly genuine apology for his foul on J.J. Barea, but that still doesn’t absolve what he did. Because, let’s face it, finding a way to bring even further embarrassment to yourself and your team when you’re in the midst of an already historically shameful performance, now that’s special. For that, the Failbag salutes you, Andrew Bynum You earned it.
[phpbay]Los Angeles Lakers, 3, “”, “”[/phpbay]