The Los Angeles Lakers officially own the rights to the second overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. After surprisingly moving up in the draft and avoiding lose their pick to the Philadelphia 76ers, Kobe Bryant took to Twitter to express his thoughts on the process.
In classic Kobe fashion, the five-time NBA champion said the following about getting the second overall pick in June’s draft:
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) May 20, 2015
It’s hard to argue with Kobe’s statement here. The Lakers have gone through some rough times over the past few years and did play like “crap,” as he says, last season.
Landing the second pick in the upcoming NBA Draft bodes well for Kobe’s chances of having a competitive season in potentially his last year in the league. Either Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor will be in play when the Lakers are on the clock possibly giving the storied their next great center.[divide]