Sources Say Players Will Likely Not Accept Deal

Sources say the NBA players are likely not going to accept the league’s most recent offer. Union President Derek Fisher told reporters that the offer deals with most some, but not all, of the players demands, and that he would present the proposal to his members. Player representatives are expected to gather no latter than Tuesday to decide whether or not they should take the offer.

“It’s not the greatest proposal in the world,” NBPA executive director Billy Hunter said of the proposal. “But I have an obligation to at least present it to our membership. So that’s what we’re going to do.”

The players may not find the revisions favorable, and it seems as though we are headed to another break-up in talks. However, the union may still want to negotiate with the league even if they reject the proposal.

You May Also Like

Lakers News: Mike Brown Releases Statement About Firing

The Los Angeles Lakers fired head coach Mike Brown earlier this morning,…

Lakers Player of the Week: Tyson Chandler’s Arrival Rescues Defense

The Los Angeles Lakers re-shaped their roster over the summer by adding many new players, except they passed on signing a bonafide backup center or even a…

Lakers News: Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Hand Against Blazers

The Los Angeles Lakers may be without one of their key pieces, as power forward Larry Nance Jr. headed to the locker room during the third quarter…

Lakers News: Mitch Kupchak On Warriors Success, How It Influences Team Building

With the NBA Draft in a week, the Los Angeles Lakers will…